To make great festival experiences we depend on volunteers for different tasks. If you want to be a volunteer, Maijazz is a wonderful opportunity to experience the cultural life and festival life from the inside of the organization, and do something important and meaningful for yourself and others. At MaiJazz you will be able to participate in many exciting tasks, learning something new, create new acquaintances and friendship, and get many amazing musical experiences.
Maijazz is a well-known and recognized festival and host of many national and international artists, and we have a constant need for volunteers. Every year, there are around 150 volunteers that help Maijazz become one of the finest jazz experiences in the region.
What can I do at MaiJazz?
We are fortunate enough to find that many people join as volunteers year after year, while we still need more volunteers. As a volunteer you can contribute to several different areas such as ticket and security, stage/crew, catering, transportation, artist hosting, concert manager, PR, festival office/accreditation, IT-support, and photographer.
What do I get in return for being a volunteer at Maijazz?
- Wonderful musical experiences (free admission to the concerts – if seat available – with your festival pass)
- Festival pass at minimum 4 shifts
- Festival t-shirt
- A good social environment where you will be able to get many new friends who share your interest in music and dedication, as well as social gatherings before and after the festival
- Food on duty
- Necessary training and guidance of the tasks to be performed
What do we expect from you?
- That you make the most of your smile, enthusiasm and willingness to work.
- That you meet to the agreed time and work scheduled hours, as well as give us notice well in advance if you have to change shifts or cannot make it to the agreed shift.
- You are sober on duty
- That you are updated on information that is being sent to you, and answering email and phone when necessary.
When and how much do I work?
- To get a festival pass you must work at least 4 shifts. If you want to work more then you will of course get to do that!
- Those who work 3 shifts will get a volunteerticket for each shift that gives access to an optional concert if seat available. The volunteer ticket can only be collected after you have finished your shift.
- The shifts are normally divided into day shifts and afternoon/evening shifts.
- If you pick up the festival pass and do not work the agreed number of shifts/hours it is considered as a purchase of the festival pass and you will be charged for the festival pass (p.t. NOK 1500, -).
Do you have time to spare?
Please contact us and we will always find available shifts and opportunities to spread the happy message of the festival. We also offer meaningful leadership positions for those who want responsibility and experience. Please invite other friends and and family to report their interest.
How to register:
We would love to hear from you if you want to be volunteer during this year’s festival. See application form: Registration form for Maijazz 2020.
You can also send us an e-mail to email@example.com if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you!